Atlas & I Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.atlas-and-i.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Atlas & I Ltd, 340a Garratt Lane, London, SW18 4EL.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website www.atlas-and-i.com (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product or postcode, place an order on our site or use other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, sign up to an email newsletter and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and postcode or location chosen for your bespoke map.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We use tracking cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical purposes and no personally identifiable information is stored.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. All web browsers automatically accept cookies; you can modify your browser security settings to block cookies although you should be warned that changing cookie settings can adversely affect the performance of our website.
HOW WE MAKE USE OF THE INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to fulfil the order you have placed with us.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
We need all the categories of information in the list above primarily to allow us to fulfill your order with us and to enable us to comply with legal obligations. In some cases we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from the order placed with us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
- If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
- Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION TO PROCESS YOUR ORDER.
We may contact you at any time after placing your order and it arriving with you if we have a query or question regarding your order. This may be to confirm your personalisation, map choices or to send you a proof of an order. We will primarily contact you via the email provided. If this is not responded to within 48 hours we will contact you on the phone number you have provided.
The location chosen to print onto your product will be stored for research purposes and only used to improve our map collection and product offering.
Your billing name and address will be used during the payment process to authenticate the card used to pay for your order. The customer name, email, phone and delivery address provided will be shared with our third party shipping providers or manufacturers to process and deliver your order efficiently.
ORDER AFTER CARE
7 days after your order has been dispatched we will contact you to ensure you have received your item safely. This aftercare email is legitimate contact to ensure you are happy with your order. Within this email there will be an option to subscribe to our email newsletters, fill in a short survey about your experience and leave us a review.
EMAIL NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS
If you choose to subscribe to our email newsletter we will not share your details with any third parties. We will email you on average 4 times a month with products and news that we think will be of interest. You will always be able to update your preferences at the bottom of every email as well as unsubscribe if you choose to do so.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the group. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We may transfer your personal information outside the EU. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, but only for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; For instance the delivery company or supplier used to fulfil or deliver your order.
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Note: We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 300 women aged under 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW18). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
The following third-party service providers process personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Venn Digital: they manage the maintenance and build of our website.
- Campaign Monitor: they provide the automated email service that confirms your order and lets you know when the order has been dispatched.
- Couriers including: DPD Group, Royal Mail, Parcel Force: They process name, address, email and telephone number details only to enable them to deliver customer parcels.
- Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest: to serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Worldpay: to process payment of any retail order you make with us.
- PCA predict: to enable speedy checkout this plug-in enables us to quick search for a postcode and auto input your billing or shipping address. They only have access to your IP address (not the property address details entered) and delete this information after 30days.
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Atlas & I Ltd’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply terms and conditions of sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Atlas & I Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any online payment transactions are processed through Worldpay or Paypal, your card details are not stored by us. Any hardcopy receipts for payments taken in person or over the phone on a handheld Worldpay terminal are stored in a secure place for 24 months and then destroyed. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. This includes secure socket layer (SSL) technology to ensure your details are safe and information you provide is fully encrypted so that it cannot be read by third parties. Your browser will confirm that you are shopping in a secure environment by showing a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the bar as the base of your screen.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE AND RESTRICTION
- Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes at any point in the future.
- Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact email@example.com in writing.
- No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
- What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
DATA PRIVACY MANAGER
We have appointed a data privacy manager to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the data privacy manager. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites or services. You should note that we are in no way responsible for the content or privacy policies these websites / services may have in place and advise that you use caution and refer to these websites own Privacy statements and terms.
Published 23rd May 2018; All information included in this document is known to be accurate on the date published.